SNOW-L Archives

Archiver > SNOW > 1997-07 > 0868572400

From: Velpo Robertson <>
Subject: Re: SNOW, Henry and Elizabeth Myra, Surry Co
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 18:06:40 -0400

Myron C. Spainhour wrote:

> Hello Hello Hello,
>
> I cannot tell you how glad I am to finally find someone who knows this
> family. What is your link to Henry Snow.
>
> Here is mine:
>
> Myron Christopher Spainhour (b.1965)
> Son of
> Eugene Augustus Spainhour (b.1942) and Barbara Kay Ayers
> Son of
> James Theophalus (or Thomas)Spainhour(b.1922 d.1984) and Connie Frances
> Weaver
> Son of
> Emma Pearl Dunnagan (b.1886, d.1982) and Oliver Clinton Spainhour
> Dau. of
> Virginia Snow (b.1862, d.1945) and James W. Dunnagan
> Dau. of
> Henry Snow (b.1821, d.1907) and Mary M. (I think/assume because Mary
> died in 1865)
>
> I would very much appreciate anything you can tell me, there is no one
> left in my family who can tell me anything. I have found Mary in a
> cemetery, and Henry with Elizabeth in another cemetery. I have traced
> Henry Snow back as far as Stokes County in 1850 and up through 1880. I
> didn't make the Mary as first wife connection until today, so this is
> terrific news.
>
> Velpo Robertson wrote:
> >
> > Myron C. Spainhour wrote:
> > >
> > > I am looking for information on the following family:
> > >
> > > Henry SNOW (b.1821 in VA, d.1907 in NC) m. Elizabeth Myra ?????
> > (b.1840
> > > in NC, d.1922 in NC)
> > >
> > > Children (All born in NC):
> > > Charles P. SNOW (b.ABT 1856)
> > > Sally O. SNOW (b. ABT 1860)
> > > (Virginia) Jenny N. SNOW (b.20 AUG 1862, d.10 JAN 1945)
> > > Henry Clay SNOW (b.1864
> > > Robert Lee SNOW (b.ABT 1870)
> > > Joseph M. SNOW (b. ABT 1872)
> > > Mary Lula SNOW (b.1873, d. 1877)
> > > Infant Daughter SNOW (b.1875, d.1875)
> > > Ada B. SNOW B? (b.4 JUL 1876, d.9 MAR 1971)
> > >
> > > This family lived in Yadkin County, however the 1880 census states
> > that
> > > Henry SNOW was born in VA. The data I have is from 1880 NC Census,
> > > Yadkin CO. Cemetery Records, and death certificates for Virginia and
> > > Henry Clay. No mother was listed on the death certificates.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Myron C. Spainhour ()
> >
> > Myron, I can help you with this family. Henry was the son of Thomas
> > Snow
> > and Elizabeth Cockerham. Elizabeth Myra's maiden name was Axsom. She
> > was
> > the second wife of Henry who was first married to Mary McAnally. Henry
> > married Elizabeth Axsom Sept. 8 1868 in Surry County. I have more if
> > you
> > have more questions. Velpo Robertson Jr.
>
> --
> Myron and Lisa Spainhour
>
> 5603 Pedrick Plantation Circle
> Tallahassee, FL 32311
>
> Phone: 904-671-3953
> Fax: 904-671-3953
> Email: or
> [...]

Myron, I looked back at my data and noticed that Henrys Snow's mother
was Elizabeth WILMOTH, not Cockerham. Thomas Snow was a son of Frost
Snow Jr. and Elizabeth Ballard. The Henry Snow in the 1850 Stokes Co.
census was not your Henry. That Henry was the son of a different Thomas
Snow who lived in Patrick Co., VA. Velpo Robertson Jr.

This thread: