SNOW-L Archives

Archiver > SNOW > 2009-11 > 1259195976

From: Fran Pillsbury <>
Subject: Re: [Snow] William Snow 1624-1708
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:39:36 -0800

As I recall, the EHS Snow Family book is far from complete. The SNOW
lines connected to the John AlLDEN family (Hopestill ALDEN m. ca
1689, Joseph SNOW, son of Wm., and Elizabeth ALDEN m. ca 1693,
Benjamin SNOW, Joseph's bro., are available on line in the Alden
Kindred database

<http://www.alden.org/genealogy_database/index.htm>;

and in Maflower Families: John Alden, Vol. 16 , 1999ff., Soc. of
Mayflower Descendants. (Silver books)

Wm. SNOW came from Devon, Engl. (bap. in a Devon PR,; I don't have
the parish -- see below*.) He was self-indentured for his passage
fare. His indenture term was extended by the court when the indenture
was traded in the settlement of a debt of his owner, who returned to
England.

There is no known connection between William SNOW and Nicholas SNOW,
two separate SNOW lines in the Mayflower milieu. There were other
unrelated SNOWs in MA Bay Colony. (See NEHGS, "The Great Migration
Begins" and subsequent volumes in the series. Should be getting 1635
"S" soon!)

* I do not have access to my gen. database at present due to a
computer failure. Should have files recovered from backup in a few
days.

Fran Pillsbury