SNYDER-L Archives

Archiver > SNYDER > 2000-04 > 0956108534

Subject: [SNYDER-L] Jost Snyder & descendants
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:42:14 EDT

I am trying to locate any descendants of
Jost Snyder b. PA 1788 d. OH 1876
came to OH with wife and 5 children in 1819
wife Salome Bachman/Baughman

JOST SNYDER

Born June 10, 1788 in Lowhill township Lehigh county Pennsylvania
Died March 18, 1876 in Green township Summit county Ohio Age 87 years 9
months
Buried in Greenlawn Cemetery, Uniontown Ohio

father - Johan Samuel Schneider (Johann Friedrich, Hans Ulrich, Joseph
Schneider)

Occupation - Linenweaver / Farmer

Faith - Reformed Lutheran Evangelical

Spouse - Salome Baughman Married Lowhill township, Lehigh Co., PA 1810
Daughter of Nicholas and Catherine (Kindt) Bachmann Born -February
3, 1793 in Pennsylvania
Died - May 17, 1855 in Green township, Summit county Ohio Age 62 years
Buried - Lutheran Evangelical Cemetary Uniontown, Ohio. This church is across
from the Greenlawn cemetery. The cemetery was torn up and a parking lot was
replaced for the Lutheran Church. There is a memorial marker in the parking
lot commemorating those buried there.

Spouse - Mary Myers Married in Summit county, Ohio 1859
Could have possibly been known as Polly and is buried in front
of Jost 1882

Children of Jost and Salome Baughman

1. Joshua Born February 1, 1811 in Lehigh county, PA.
Baptized March 3, 1811 Sponsors: Jacob Muller and
Maria Muller
Died unknown
Married Sarah born May 7, 1804 died May 11, 1841
( Sarah is buried near Salome in Uniontown, Ohio )
Married Susanna Smith after 1841 in Lehigh county,
PA.
Born September 23, 1814 in PA. Died September 11,
1876 in
Lafayette, Tippecanoe county, Indiana.

2. Elizabeth Born May 25, 1812 in Lehigh county, PA.
Baptized July 19, 1812 Lowhill Church Lehigh county
, PA.
Sponsors: Christian Gramlich and Elizabeth Bachmann
Died unknown
Married Hoobler ( 1 )
Married Messer ( 2 )

3. George Born February 14, 1814 in Lehigh county, PA.
Baptized May 29, 1814 Lowhill Church Lehigh
county, PA.
Sponsors: Paul and Maria Gramlich
Died August 24, 1892 Summit county, Ohio
Buried possibly at Lakewood Cemetery Akron, Ohio
For further information see biography on George

4. Peter Born October 21, 1815 in Lehigh county, PA.
Baptized February 25, 1816 Lowhill Church Lehigh
county, PA.
Sponsors: Peter and Salome Bachmann
Died unknown
Residence : West township, Marshall county,
Indiana ??

5. Sophia Born July 14, 1816 in Lehigh county, PA.
Baptized October 20, 1816 Lowhill Church, Lehigh
county, PA.
Married George Tritt ( 1 )
Married Babb ( 2 )
Died unknown

6. Joel Born January 29, 1820 in Summit county, Ohio
Died March 25, 1879
Buried in Greenlawn Cemetery Uniontown, Ohio
Occupation - Farmer
Resided in Springfield township, Ohio
Cause of death - Cancer

7. Isaiah Born May 7, 1821 in Green township, Ohio
Died February 9, 1876 in Norton, Ohio
Buried near Doylestown at a church the Baughmans
started
Married Elizabeth Grube (born November 2, 1829
Lehigh county,
PA
Died January 25, 1895 in Doylestown, Ohio
Resided in Norton, Ohio
Occupation - Farmer
Cause of death - Inflammation of the bowels

8. Jacob Born about 1822 in Green township, Ohio
Died unknown
Residence: Starke county, Indiana ??

9. Ezra Born after 1822
Died unknown possibly as an infant

10. Paul Born after 1820 Green township, Ohio
Died unknown
Residence: Starke county, Indiana ??

11. Jonas Born 1831 Green township, Ohio
Died March 5, 1901 70 years 11 months
Married Caroline Simler in Summit county, Ohio in
1858
Buried in Greenlawn Cemetery Uniontown, Ohio

12. Jonathan Born after 1822 Green township, Ohio
Died unknown
There are several Jonathans buried in the area
that would fit the
time frames and are near associated family
friends but there is
no positive proof.

13. Nathaniel Born about 1832 Green township, Ohio
Died 1917
Married Malinda Steese 1860 ( born 1834 died 1909 )
Buried both are buried in Greenlawn Cemetery
Uniontown, Ohio
Residence: Brimfield township, Portage county, Ohio

14. Daniel Born about 1825 Green township, Ohio
Died unknown possibly Indiana ??

15. Abraham Born May 7, 1833 Green township, Ohio
Died December 25, 1914
Married Catherine Gronoble 1858
Buried in the Millheim Cemetery, Summit county
For further information see biography on Abraham

Written by Mark Snyder (5th great grandson of Jost Snyder)

I do have all of the children of Jost's son George M. Snyder as this is who
we descend from. I also have several of the other children of Jost husband
wives and some children info. Along with a few old photos that I have
collected from various people that I have met along the way.

I am trying to piece all of this family together. If you have a connection to
any of this line please contact me. In search of the elusive photo of Jost
Snyder. I do have one of his son George Snyder that has to be before 1870
because there is also one of his wife Mary Ann Rex and she died in 1870. Jost
did not die until 1876 so I am in hopes that there is one of him that was
also taken at this time.

Thanks,
Denise

This thread: