SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Bernie Cramer" <>
Subject: WILKINSON !!
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:51:53 +0200

Hello Becky and fellow Listers,

I have a mystery that needs solving, namely this, I have been on the Lists
now since 2000 and in all this time have not seen the name of WILKINSON
mentioned or referred to in any of the articles or references pertaining to
the 1820 settlers or their descendants. The map of the land allocations show
the area that was allocated to the WILKINSON's, there were two young
brothers and then there was my ancestor Stephen WILKINSON and his wife
(Cornelia) - [Amelia] and their two children Sarah and Joseph, the only
mention that I find of the WILKINSON's in the Archives is that of Joseph in
later years [after his marriage to Magdalena Johanna Van As in 1844], in
Hoewhoek where he had a General Dealership. What happened to the family
between 1820 and 1844? history tells that the Zoreaster end her passage in
Simonstown harbour, and the passengers were transferred to another ship
which continued on to Delgoa Bay, once again I ask the question, did Stephen
WILKINSON and his family stay on in Simonstown when the rest of the
Zoreaster's passengers continued on to Delgoa Bay ??

There are no records thus far on the deaths of Stephen and Amelia, no burial
records etc, only records in Caledon of the offspring of Joseph Joshua and
Magdalena Johanna Van As, [these were sent to me by David Bossenger]

This and my Mother's father are my great headaches!!

regards,
Bernie.

Bernard L Cramer
(Family Researcher)
P.O.Box 100805
Scottsville
3209
Pietermaritzburg
KZN

Email :-
Email :-
phone :- 033-3420111
Cell :- 072-3045319
www.gencircles.com/users/cramerbl/1
Also a 20twenty customer.

P. S. Check out Legacy Family Tree today! This full featured genealogy
program can be downloaded FREE at
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Index.asp?mid=41UMTLi