SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "John & Ilse" <>
Subject: OOSTHUIZEN
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:51:48 +0200

Hi Tombi,
I do not have a direct Hart - Oosthuizen marriage. I would be pleased if you could let me have
this information.

I do however have a small HART Family Tree within my Oosthuizens purely because up to
August 2004 I believed that my Grand Father was descended from:-

Jan (Johannes) Hendrik Oosthuizen (c4b1a) & Hester van Beulen, and because 2 of Jan Hendrik's
Granddaughters were married to 2 Bowker brothers:-

Barbara Petronella Oosthuizen (e2d5c4b1a) x Miles Brabin BOWKER *1806 (No children)
and
Hester Susanna Oosthuizen (e5d5c4b1a) x William Monkhouse BOWKER *1803 (6 children).

Because of this connection, I became very interested in the Bowkers and the 1820 Settlers,
most of my information coming from various 1820 Settler Books and the info on those families
which can be found in the SA Gen Books (my favourite being that excellent book,
"The Settlers Handbook - A New List of the 1820 Settlers" by M.D. Nash) and because
the HART'S are connected to the BOWKERS they just got added on to the Oosthuizen Family Tree.
How is that for getting off the track!! One of my great failings is going off at a tangent!
I just love to follow each new name of a wife or husband, back to a Stamvader.

To cut a long story short, in August last year I eventually discovered my correct Great Great Grandparents,
FREDERIK JOHANNES PETRUS OOSTHUIZEN (e6d4c7b1a) and ANNA JOHANNA MARIA ERASMUS
so my ancestral line is with a younger brother of Jan Hendrik namely,
MARTHINUS GERHARDUS OOSTHUIZEN (c7b1a) and HESTER CECILIA OLIVIER.

I am in the process of moving these 1820 Settlers plus the Bowkers to a separate file which should make
my Oosthuizen Family Tree less cluttered.

Attached to an email off list to you please find a Descendant Chart of Robert Hart & Mary Fleming.
I hope this will be of some use to you.

Regards Ilse & John

This thread: