SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "John & Ilse" <>
Subject: OOSTHUIZEN-STANTON
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:49:51 +0200

Good day All Listers,

Is there anyone out there who has researched or is researching the STANTON's.

I have been in touch with Ellen Stanton but she is unable to help. She told me
that her husband's Lithuanian ancestors name was STANKOVICH and then the
name was anglicized to STANTON. Very interesting!

I would appreciate any help in finding :

Eric Alfred STANTON
b. 11 Oct 1900 England
d.25 Jun 1981 Port Elizabeth Cape SA
He married my Mother's sister:
x Martha Magdalena OOSTHUIZEN
b. Jan 1912(?) Grahamstown Cape SA (?)
d.25 Jul 1950 Port Elizabeth Cape SA

They had 4 children, Marlene Heather "Molly", Alfred Colin Peter, Herbert Anthony "Tony" and
Elizabeth Carol "Carol".

Carol the youngest was 6 or 7 when her Mother died and does not remember her and only found
out about a year ago that her Stepmother, whom she was very fond of, was not her mother.
Apparently her father destroyed all the photos and Martha was never mentioned again. I have
just found out about this information. I have been able to give her the OOSTHUIZEN details but
have not been able to help with her Father's details. I do not know why she has no details about
her Father's family. She is, at the moment, battling with a second bout of cancer and I would like
to be able to help her. She would like this information for her children and grand children.

I do have a small STANTON Family Tree but he is not on that.

Regards Ilse

This thread: