SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Marielle Ford" <>
Subject: COLLETT / TROLLIP
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:39:52 +0200

Dear listers

Although I am not researching these lines, I was recently lent a copy of Joan COLLETT's "A Time to Plant" and wanted to recommend it as a wonderful chronology of the COLLETT family. The author was fortunate to have many letters, written by James COLLETT and to him, as reference, as well as several other sources. Most of us do not have the gift of such keepsakes in our own families! The book is well written, making entertaining reading. There are several good portrait and group photos, as well as a number of genealogical tables. The book has been mentioned as a source several times on our lists. We recently spent a weekend on a COLLETT farm at Fish River, near Cradock. Our hosts have promised that next time we go there, they will take me to the family graves, so those who are doing these families, "Watch this space" for photographs!

Regards
Marielle

This thread: