SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

Subject: HYDE children
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:12:35 +0800

Hello List
Tessa has given me and some others a MAGNIFICENT amount of data with what she
put on the list for the HYDE family. I have managed to get a lot of
information from her, but am seeking some on the children.
I have 'our' ancestor Alexander HYDE , born in Antrim Ireland, who married
Frances Sutton DUDLEY in 1837.
Their children were
John James HYDE b 1838
Francis Sutton HYDE b 1840
Alexander Weir HYDE born 15 Dec 1842, m Fanny Sophia Holmes CAWOOD on 25
November 1865 in Grahamstown, died 16 April 1928 in Kimberley
James b 1844 d 1846
Sarah Corbett Hyde
Frederick Dudley Hyde

I am now trying to trace the birth dates, marriages and deaths of Alexander Weir
HYDE and Fanny CAWOOD's children
They were
Arthur Joseph b ? m? d ?
Fanny Mabel b ? m? d ?
Alexander Charles b circa 1878 m ? d 22 August 1942 in Kimberley
Jessie Kathleen b ? m ? d ?
Fred William b? m ? d ?

I have searched the IGI and cannot find any names of any of these children.
Also I do know that both Francis Sutton HYDE and his brother Alexander Weir
HYDE both applied for land in Br. Kaffraria or Kingwilliams Town.

Does anyone have any connections to the children of Alexander Weir HYDE and his
wife Fanny CAWOOD. ANY help would be appreciated. Perle in Australia

This message was sent using MyMail

This thread: