From: "Viv Kymdell" <>
Subject: The Rise of South Africa - G E CORY
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 00:10:07 +0200

Hi Kathryn,

I have found a bit about LEE - not too complimentary, I am afraid, but it is
a long story so I am attempting to shorten it and will send it in two parts

I think I will start at the beginning of the book and as I see applicable
names I will send an excerpt to the list. There is a lot of value for 1820
settler researchers - especially the conditions under which they [the
settlers] lived from the very beginning. Cory has used diaries of some of
the settlers as his background and these bits are particularly interesting -
it would be a pity to not share them with you all.

Viv Kymdell.