SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: patfryk <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] Settler Correspondence - Stephen BROWN
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 11:42:12 +1200

Well it just goes to show. One NEVER Ever can say "I've done the Stephen
Brown family". I had him as a greengrocer.
His three elder children (from his first wife) Stephen, Lydia and Benjamin
did not come out with him according to Mary Ann's Letters to Lydia
McGillewie.
And Mary Ann and Nathanial do not feature in the several lists of those who
arrived.
Benjamin and pregnant wife arrived in 1826. she died very soon after the
birth of her daughter Lydia who later married Alexander McGillewie. Benjamin
died early too and James and Jane White fostered Lydia from about the age of
10 months.
So it's back to the drawing board,
NB Pat Brown!!!
Sue you're a marvel.