SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Marielle Ford" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] Descendants of Gertrude and John Riddle.
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 11:21:45 +0200

Hi Les

This is not my line of research, but here is something from our archives
www.national.archives.gov.za which looks like it will fit somewhere:

*DEPOT*
TAB
*SOURCE*
MHG
*TYPE* LEER
*VOLUME_NO*0
*SYSTEM*
01
*REFERENCE*4642/44
*PART*
1
*DESCRIPTION* *RIDDLE, LYDFORD* VAN
RENSBURG.
*STARTING*
19440000
*ENDING*
19440000
*REMARKS* SURVIVING SPOUSE ELIZABETH ANN *RIDDLE* (BORN
HOUGHTON).

Death notice for Gertrude which might give the name of the unknown child:

*DEPOT*
TAB
*SOURCE*
MHG
*TYPE* LEER
*VOLUME_NO*0
*SYSTEM*
01
*REFERENCE*520/50
*PART*
1
*DESCRIPTION* *RIDDLE,* GERTRUDE ANN. BORN
TROLLIP.
*STARTING*
19490000
*ENDING*
19490000
*REMARKS* PREDECEASED SPOUSE *JOHN RIDDLE.*

and John's DN file:

*DEPOT*
TAB
*SOURCE*
MHG
*TYPE* LEER
*VOLUME_NO*0
*SYSTEM*
01
*REFERENCE*496/50
*PART*
1
*DESCRIPTION* *RIDDLE, JOHN.*

*STARTING*
19490000
*ENDING*
19490000
*REMARKS* SURVIVING SPOUSE GERTRUIDE ANN (BORN
TROLLIP).

Anyway, take a look a the website and see what else fits. If you want to
see the contents of these files you need to contact the relevant archives
offices or engage a private researcher to do it for you.

Regards
Marielle Ford

On 11/05/06, Les Dixon. <> wrote:

> Hi Listeners,
> I am looking for any descendants of Gertrude Riddle
> ( nee Trollip ) and John Moore Riddle. Gertrude Riddle was the daughter of
> Lydford Trollip and Maria Caldecott. Their children were
> John Riddle, Ernest Riddle, Jean Dixon Dorothy Hancock,
> May O'Bree, Isabel Davies, Dulcie Fagan, Lydford Riddle and one other son,
> name unknown. Perhaps there are people still there who share these people
> as either great grandparents or grandparents. can anyone help?Regards Les
> Dixon.

This thread: