SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: Sue Mackay <>
Subject: Settler Correspondence - J. BEACALL 2
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:42:29 +0100 (BST)

Apologies, left off the second letter
Sue

269
54 Northampton Street
London
28th July 1819
Sir,
I have the honour to acknowledge your reply to my
former letter relative to the ?new? settlements and
being desirous of becoming a settler should the thing
appear eligible am ?? of further information. My
circumstances are such as not to oblige me to leave
England: but with the hope of bettering my condition
(having a young family growing up) I should join some
friends who are intend to this settlement. If not
impossible I should wish an early interview with one
of the principals of the office who could answer a few
questions I wish to become familiar with and which the
limits of a letter preclude. Hoping this indulgence in
order to my further arrangement.
I remain your obt svt
J. BEACALL, Surgeon