SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: Sue Mackay <>
Subject: Settler Correspondence - Henry BOOT
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:07:39 +0100 (BST)

Transcribed from CO48/41 at the National Archives,
Kew, London

320
No.2 Grafton Street East
Tottenham Court Road
Au4 4 1819
Hon. Sir,
I received the first circular agreeable to my request
and for which I am extremely obliged and having
settlers here ready to go and being given to
understand that there is a second circular I found
from your office which I will tank you to be caused to
be sent to me and any other information how to proceed
and to know whether you will allow us to have an
interview or what proceedings to adopt to know whether
the men as named in the margin will be accepted to go
out in paying their money.
Your causing the above to be sent will oblige
Your most obedient and very humble servt
Henry BOOT
[List of names in Margin]
BOOT, Henry
BICKFORD, Thomas
PAINE, Sam’l
SAUER, Jno
HOGAN, David
CORLEY, Jas.
HEDDINGTON. Joseph
SCORE, Thos.
FURLER, Sam’l
ANTIS, Jno
ROE, Robt
NILAND, Jno
BURTON, Jas.
MANLEY, Jrm?
DUDLEY, Sam’l

[note at bottom of page: this man has transferred
himself and his list to that of Thos. BAINBRIDGE]