From: Sue Mackay <>
Subject: Settler Correspondence - William CARPENTER
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 09:39:22 +0100 (BST)

Transcribed from CO48/42 at the National Archives in
Kew, London

July 22nd 1819
I Wm CARPENTER having a wife & three children having
a desire to become a settler in Cape of Good Hope, I
am by trade a carpenter about thirty years of age my
wife near the same age the three children under seven
years of age. Residing at No.20 Rathbone Place Oxford
Street Sir and all information resping my becoming a
settler in the Cape of Good Hope I shall humbly thank
you for I am Sir
Obedient servant