SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: Joan HOPE <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] Researching GRAVETT & BERRINGTON
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:58:18 +1000 (EST)

James was Thomas' son from first marriage. Thomas came to SA as an infant with his parents as 1820 settlers.
The Berrington's were due to go to Australia, but at the last minute swapped their passage for South Africa! Guess where some of their descendants are now!
Joan

EBEN AUDREY SLABBERT <> wrote:
Thanks Joan for the info on Sarah. Does anyone know anything about the BERRINGTONs who married the two GRAVETT sisters? Were Thomas and James related? Did Thomas come to South Africa with Sarah, or come here after her death. I guess I am curious about the BERRINGTONS and their origins.

Audrey