SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: Sue Mackay <>
Subject: Settler Correspondence - Thomas FULTON
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:46:25 +0100 (BST)

Transcribed from CO48/43 at the National Archives at
Kew, London

138
Kilmarnock
My Lord,
Having understood that encouragement is about to be
offered to his Majesty’s subjects to emigrate to the
Cape of Good Hope, I beg leave to solicit your
Lordship will be pleased to give necessary orders how
I might procure a passage to that canton for myself,
wife and four children. I likewise observe that there
is a surtint sum to be depasited before embarcation
according to the famley respectfully but as I am a
poor man and out of employment it is not in my poure
to depasit that sum & as I am a British punsionar at
6d pur diam and has served my country faithfully I
humble beg your Lordship will take it in to
considrition and direct such infammation ma be sent me
as your Lordship ma think proper.
I am my Lord
Your Lordship’s humble & obd’t servant
Thos. FULTON