SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Cindy Binks" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] SCOTTISH NAME CHANGES and PATTERNS
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:42:00 +0200

Hi Annatjie,

How about this for confusion: From a Death Notice filed in the
Pietermaritzburg Archives and connected to my GREENWOOD family:

Deceased: Mrs Annie Young MACDONALD or YOUNG or ATKINSON born Perth,
Scotland. Father: James MACDONALD, Mother: Ann YOUNG or MACDONALD of same
address. Annie is the Widow of John YOUNG and John Hutton ATKINSON.

On her death Certificate she is named as Annie YOUNG ATKINSON.

Keep well
Cindy