SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Graham & Jennifer LLoyd" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] PEARCE / FOWLER
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:39:50 +0200

I am still doing a Fowler Tree { just cause I have a passion for genealogy} for a very dear lady of 85 years. Sylvia Thorn's father was George Gordon Fowler ( 1889 - 1949), a butcher in Port Elizabeth. Sylvia's parents divorced (mother was Ruby Annie Gowar) when Sylvia was very young and her father refused to see his daughter again as he felt it would be upsetting for the child {silly man}.

However, he did marry again, Agnes Gertrude Knipp in Aliwal North and had 2 children, Norman James Fowler and Joy Agnes Fowler m Pearce. They would be step siblings of Silvia's and she would dearly love to contact them.

Can any lister help in this regard.

Later

I am still on the track of finding the step-siblings of Sylvia (living) born
Fowler and mother was Ruby Gowar. I have since found further information
about her one sibling Joy Agnes Fowler who married somebody PEARCE. She must
have been born about 1935. Joy's mother was Agnes Gertrude Knipp(1888-1974)
and was 2nd wife of George Gordon Fowler (1891-1949). I am trying to find
out whether Joy is still alive and where (must be PE !) and the first name
of her husband

Any help would be great
Many Thanks

Jennifer