SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Yvonne Fountain" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] BACK AGAIN AND SITLL WITH BROWNS
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:43:48 +0200

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply. I also wondered about that. According to George
Brown's DN his first two children were Mary Ann *1808 and Luke *1812. I
received further information on the family via the Port Elizabeth Library
and apparently those were the names listed in the SAG, so I assumed they
were correct. I then read the Archive mail re Wiggill and noticed the
discrepancy. I also checked the IGI and found a Mary Ann born to George
Brown and Frances:-

Mary Brown - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 29 NOV 1807 Fulnetby, Rand, Lincoln, England -
Parents George Brown and Frances, as well as the marriage of George and
Frances in 1806 in the same area.

I have been in touch with Elaine Peel (Anglican Archivist in George) and she
is checking the records for St James Church, Graaff-Reinet so hopefully I
will be able to find correct info. Sorry about that!!

Regards,

Yvonne B-F