SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Sue Mackay" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] Settler Correspondence (1826) - W.J. HEATH
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 12:42:42 +0100

Transcribed from CO48/86 at the National Archives in Kew, London

197
Woolwich
1st Nov 1826
Sir,
In June last I applied to His Honor the Lieutenant Governor for
leave of absence to proceed from the Cape to England on my private affairs,
which leave was granted by His Honor the Lieutenant Governor for six months.
On arrival in England (according to my instructions) I reported
myself to you, but finding it impossible to arrange my affairs in England
and to return to the Cape in that time, I am under the necessity of applying
to you for an extension of leave for three months.
Should this request meet with your approval it will greatly oblige
me. I have the honor to be Sir
Your most obedient servant
W.J. HEATH

This thread: