SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Jackie Lock" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] clyde
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 10:32:04 +0200

Thanks so much Ellen. From what I can gather, is this correct?

James Sills m Mary ?

Who had son, James Sills m Mary Libszany

They had Maria Margaret, Sarah Jane, John James and James Dannell

Sarah Jane being the one married to Clyde.

However, there is no reference to her as a Webster.

In the records from the archives of the catholic diocese, the following is
written:

Baptism register : "Sara Jane Clyde (Webster) received into the church and
conditionally baptized April 11, 1883"

Two daughters, Mary Gertrude and Josephine Catherine Clyde, parents given as
John Clyde and Sara Jane Webster

Other daughter Cecilia Margaret parents given as John Clyde and Sara Jane
Sills.

Records of two children born to John Clyde and Sara Jane in 1880 and 1881
parents given as John Clyde and Sarah Jane Webster

Marriage certificate dated 17 May 1879 records marriage of "John Clyde,
labourer and Sarah Jane Sills, widow"

So, I am so confused it is just not funny.

I thought she was perhaps originally Webster, married to Sills and then to
Clyde. Yet, in some records she is reflected as Sara Jane Sills and others
as Sara/h Jane Webster.

What do you make of it?

Regards

Jackie