SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Ellen Stanton" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] WH Jones / M R Killeen Family , Ancestry & Descendants
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:29:22 -0500

Hi Michael,

I'm afraid I can't help you on the recent generation of JONES, but I did a
search of my databases for EHRICH and found a few and thought you might be
interested in them.

All dates follow American convention of MMDDYY.

LDS Microfilm #1295270
Uitenhage Births 1906-1908
Item 6
Entry #133
Father: Alfred Antony EHRICH
Mother: Maud (nee HOLMES)
Child: William George
Born: 6/18/1907

Item 7
Entry #175
Father: Alfred Antony EHRICH
Mother: Maud (nee HOLMES)
Child: Antoney Oliver
Born: 1/6/1910

Entry #285
Father: William Alfred RYAN
Mother: Mary Ann (nee EHRICH)
Child: Doreen
Born: 10/31/1910

LDS Microfilm #1926338
Cape Province Birth Certificates 1895
Item 2: Port Elizabeth
Entry #78
Father: John KWANKIS
Mother: Emma (nee EHRICH)
Child: Frederick William
Born: 1/3/1895

LDS Microfilm #2301957
Port Elizabeth Death Certificates 1874-1894
Item 2
Entry #272
Deceased: Eliza Ann EHRICH
Died: 3/11/1875
Age: 1 month
Birthplace: Port Elizabeth
Cause of Death: Convulsions
Burial: St. Mary's

Entry #121
Deceased: Anton EHRICH
Died: 4/25/1884
Age: 56
Birthplace: Germany
Registered by: Son, W. EHRICH
Cause of Death: Disease of heart
Burial: St. Mary's

Transcribed from Aided Immigration from Britain to South Africa 1857-1867,
by Esme Bull, Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, 1991, Annexure 4,
English Women Married to Men of the German Legion Before They Left England
for British Kaffraria 1856/57, p. 714:

Name: Sarah WILLIAMSON
Husband: Anton EHRICH
Marriage: on Brittania