SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: patfryk <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] Mayors of Alice
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 06:57:31 +1200

I don't think so Becky. I can't find anything like VEM in my lists of
militia and locally raised ABW regiments.
It sounds, from the words Jackie quoted "Officers NCOs and members of the
VEM" that this was very local in Alice. Members?
If it had been a military organisation it might have said "Officers NCOs and
other ranks..." this is really stabbing in the dark. Members is the word
that sticks....Patricia