SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Dorri Roughley" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] 1820 Settlers from Frome, Somerset (WEAKLEY)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:48:42 +0100

Have changed the title from [ZA-EC] 1820 Settlers from Frome, Somerset
(TROLLIP) as this comment is for those interested in Joseph Weakley.

Hello Sue and Weakley researchers,

Many, Many, Many thanks Sue...the Frome site is one I didn't know about so
knowing that Joseph Weakley lived in Frome prior to 1820 I put in Weakley
and came up with his marriage. Prior to this I had a different date and
place.

So, from the Marriages at St John the Baptist, Frome, 1813-1821, transcript
by Yvonne Scrivener we have -

Item 160
Date 25 Oct 1814, by banns
Joseph WEAKLEY Batchelor of this parish
Emma KINTON Spinster of this parish
Witnesses John MISON Wm CHUBB

Sue could I ask you to see if any fathers or occupations are mentioned on
the register.

Thank you very much,

Dorri