SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Becky Horne" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] Newspaper cuttings from the Eastern Cape - Advert
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:45:02 +0200

Hi Folks

Please join me in welcoming Candice Lambert to the List. Hope you going
to be very happy with us. Here is a snippet of news from an Eastern Cape
Newspaper, which I hope makes you feel right at home.

Herald, 13 July 2007
100 Years Ago by Ivor Markman
A selection of interesting century-old snippets from The Herald of
yesteryear.
News from week ending January 13, 1907.
Advert

A brand name still well known today was evident in an advert in The
Herald in July, 1907:

"Why use common soap when Sunlight soap is available?
Common soap may cost a penny less, but on account of the injurious
effect it has upon linen and woollens, it ought not to be used."

Best wishes
Becky

This thread: