SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Becky Horne" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] 1820 British Settler - William Albort MORGAN
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:10:49 +0200

Hi MORGAN researchers

A MORGAN researcher posed the question off-list - "Was William Albort
MORGAN an 1820 Settler?" I always believed that William wasn't, but this
was on hearsay, so scouted around to find out more. I knew that William
hailed from Fishguard, Pembrokeshire, Wales, so used this as my initial
search.
http://home.clara.net/tirbach/HelpPagepearlsPEM2.html#PembrokeCounty

Found a vital clue on this website -
<<"Philipps's party" who emigrated to Cape Province in the sailing ship
"Kennersley Castle".>>

I checked Sue's transcribe, "Settler Correspondence - Thomas PHILIPPS",
posted 24 Sep 2006 and found:-
Wm. MORGAN, mason, 22

Another query put to rest.
Thank you Sue! If it wasn't for your kindness posting the Settler
Correspondence from Kew I might never have known for sure.

Best wishes
Becky

This thread: