From: "Eira Makepeace" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] MACASKILLs in Scotland for Sylvia
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:07:21 +0100

While researching the MACASKILLs in Scotland for a chum, I came upon a
useful website which has some genealogy spreadsheets
including some for Harris on the Isle of Lewis on which Stornoway is
located. I contacted the website owner who proved very helpful. I gave him
as much info as I could and he sent me a tree with the right Macaskills on
it. I reckon your Kenneth was born around 1792 going back 3 generations from
your grandma's birth. There is a Kenneth Macaskill b.1797 in Stornoway in
the 1841 Scotland census but only you will know if it is the right one.
Hopefully you have the names of your direct line Macaskill antecedents and
if so, luck may be on your side.

Best wishes

This thread: