SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Marielle Ford" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] WARNER
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 08:11:56 +0200

Hi Sue and welcome to the list

The Toye part of the name caught my eye and for the moment, this is what I
find in my data:

I have a Mary Toye WARNER b. 1805 d. 1885 m1. John Bath STAPLES m2. Stephen
TROLLIP. Three children listed from the marriage to STAPLES. My interest
lies in the marriage of one of the children to a WILSON.

Event(s):
Birth: 10 Feb 1805
Bristol., Eng.
Christening: 30 Apr 1805
Midsomer, Norton, Eng
Death: 28 Nov 1885
East London, C.prv., S.af.
Burial:
East London, C.prv., S.af.
Parents:
Father: Henry WARNER (AFN: 3GG8-QD) Family
Mother: Elizabeth BLACKER (AFN: 3GG8-RK)

I found these references in the National archives
www.national.archives.gov.za

DEPOT Albany Museum (1820)
TYPE Manuscript
REFERENCE SM124-127/129-134
DESCRIPTION Mr. Henry Warner
STARTING 1820
ENDING 1919
REMARKS Donor: -, 1922; 0,003m.
SUMMARY + Letter from Henry Warner (on board the ship STENTOR) to
Ebenezer Warner of Bristol.
+ Correspondence of H Warner, W Stanford, Mary Toye
Trollip, Miss Warren, E Warner and Mary Toye Staples.

DEPOT Albany Museum (1820)
TYPE Manuscript
REFERENCE SM2067
DESCRIPTION Rev. Joseph Cox Warner
STARTING 1806
ENDING 1871
REMARKS Donor: Mrs. J Toye Warner-Staples, 1953; 30 pages.
SUMMARY Joseph Cox Warner was born in Bristol. He entered
mission work with the Wesleyan Missionary Society in 1830
where he was accepted as a Catechist.
+ Document contains the life history of Rev. JC Warner in
'Kaffirland' amongst the Tembus; the invasion by the
Fecani (Ama Baca) and life on a mission station.

DEPOT KAB
SOURCE MOOC
TYPE LEER
VOLUME_NO 6/9/1007
SYSTEM 01
REFERENCE 3861
PART 1
DESCRIPTION TROLLIP, MARY TOYE. NEE WARNER. ESTATE PAPERS.
STARTING 19170000
ENDING 19170000

DEPOT VAB
SOURCE HG
TYPE LEER
VOLUME_NO 4/2/1/1/202
SYSTEM 01
REFERENCE 371/1921
PART 1
DESCRIPTION CIVIL RECORDS. TRIALS AND APPLICATIONS. APPLICATION:
ALBERT
WARNER-STAPLES AND IRENE ELIZABETH TOYE WARNER-STAPLES, BORN
WARNER.
STARTING 19210000
ENDING 19210000

An email to William JERVOIS of the Albany Museum might tell you more about
those two files
The others will have to be accessed via the Archives repository offices or
via a private researcher.

Regards
Marielle Ford