SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Sue Mackay" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] Hobbs/Meier/Miles
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:19:06 -0000

Sadly Wendy Beal Preston died a few years ago.

Millicent Ann Miles was the daughter of William Miles and Margaret Hannah
McPhail. William Miles was the son of 1820 settlers Robert and Ann Miles.

William and Hannah had the following children:
Millicent Ann 9 Aug 1846-10 Apr 1914 m John Kemp

Elizabeth Emma 3 Feb 1847-9 Jun 1895 m William Frank Brown (so Edward Brown
and Charity Hobbs)

Susannah Catherine 27 Nov 1849-19 Sep 1946 m Stephen Brown (so Edward Brown
and Charity Hobbs)

James Robert 25 Feb 1852-14 Apr 1913 m Millicent Sarah Miles (do John Miles
and Millicent Sarah Palmer)

Alice Jeanette 6 Apr 1854-26 Feb 1934 m John Edward Brown (so Edward Brown
and Charity Hobbs)

Rosa Matilda 12 Jun 1856- 6 Jul 1891 m Robert Kemp

Laura Ada 4 Jun 1858-9 Feb 1944 m John Clement Miles (so John Miles and
Millicent Sarah Palmer)

Ernest William 10 Jun 1860-20 Sep 1864

Robert Lawrence 16 Aug 1862-13 Nov 1927 m Elrida Margaret Muggleton

John 1 Sep 1864-? m Evelyn Eliza Bartlett (do William Bartlett and Selina
Ann Purdon)

All the best
Sue