SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Sue Mackay" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] Bartlett/Hayward
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:51:38 -0000

William BARTLETT and Selina HAYWARD were my 3 x great grandparents. They had
11 children:

Eliza 1825-1879 m William HOBBS, my 2 x great grandfather
James
Rachel died aged 9
William
Benjamin
Maria
Rachel
Samuel died aged 10
Louisa
Rhoda
Henry

William BARTLETT the son was first married to a Sarah (don't know her
surname) and then married Selina Ann PURDON
William Edwin BARTLETT was a son of THIS William and Selina, in other words
he was the grandson of Selina HAYWARD.

Selina HAYWARD married four times. After the death of William BARTLETT she
married George William WILMOT and had two daughters by him, Rhoda Ann and
Sarah Jane. After he died in 1852 she married George HODGKINSON in 1859. He
was a widower with lots of children and two of his sons married daughters of
Samuel HAYWARD (Selina's brother). George HODGKINSON died in 1875 and Selina
married for the fourth time to a William Hamilton CAMPBELL. William Jervois
kindly sent me a digital copy of daguerreotype photos of Selina and William
which are housed at the Albany Museum. She was quite a formidable looking
woman!

Sue