SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Tessa King" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] Newspaper cuttings from the Eastern Cape - UnionistParty
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:54:26 +0200

Hi Eric

Thank you for the information you have given. I only have 4 of the 18
children you mention for Benjamin Murrell SHEPPERSON and Susan FULLER so
would be interested in the names of the other 14.

Arnold (so Arnold SHEPPERSON and Harriet JOLLY) - I have his birth date as
27 Feb 1848 in East London as per an item William Jervois sent me. However,
he was baptised at St. George's Anglican Church Grahamstown by Rev John
Heavyside, Entry 787, on 19 Mar 1848 so the place of birth is a bit suspect.
Arnold Snr was a Draper living in Grahamstown at this time. His wife Mary
Ann Rex BOOTH died 1 Oct 1886 but I have no reference for this date, except
that I think it was also from William Jervois whose source was S R
Wakely-Smith 1991.

You mention that Arnold and Harriet had 3 children. I have:

Fanny Winifred b. 17 Jan 1844 Grahamstown d. ?
John b. 7 Oct 1845 Grahamstown d. 19 Feb 1846 Grahamstown
Arnold b. 27 Feb 1848 d. 29 Oct 1901

Are these the three children you have as you mentioned that Arnold was their
second born?

Kind regards
Tessa