SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Becky Horne" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] Newspaper cuttings from the Eastern Cape - Shorthand speedexams
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:54:22 +0200

Hi Folks

Please join me in welcoming Patricia Putter to the List. Hope you going to
be very happy with us. Here is a snippet of news from an Eastern Cape
Newspaper, which I hope makes you feel right at home.

Herald, 28 September 2007
100 Years Ago by Ivor Markman
A selection of interesting century-old snippets from The Herald of
yesteryear. News from week ending September 28, 1907.
Shorthand speed exams

Tonight, the Port Elizabeth Shorthand and Typewriting Association will
conduct a shorthand speed examination in the Smith Premier Rooms. There will
be various tests conducted under the supervision of a committee of local
gentlemen, and certificates will be granted to the successful competitors,
the only condition being that the latter must, before they can secure a
certificate, become members of the Society.

Best wishes
Becky

This thread: