SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Robin Griffiths" <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] Symbols
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:43:46 +0200

Hi All

I think that the symbol for died is † not +. This is a bit presumptuous as it implies that the deceased was a Christian. If your email program font does not replicate the symbol you can try it in Microsoft Word by holding down Alt and typing 0134 on the numeric keypad on the right of your keyboard. The Num Lock light on the keyboard must be ON. If not, press Num Lock on the numeric keypad.

The symbol for burial is Ω which is created as above with Alt 234.

A couple of days ago a list member was trying to write Dürrheim. This is Alt 129 for lower case and Alt 154 for upper.

I have a whole list of these symbols. If anyone is interested please contact me directly.

Regards,

Robin Griffiths

38 Longwoods Drive

Glen Hills