SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: Eighteen-Twenty Settlers <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] www.1820settlers.com website is back up and running!
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:58:21 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Listers,

After a couple of weeks of late nights after work, and some rainy weather, I have managed to get the 1820 Settlers website back and operational to about 90% of what is was before it got hacked. I will carry on adding the 'missing' data and updating as I go - some of it goes back 5 years. I have installed the latest versions of the software, which should have a better security than I had previously used, and in some cases changed to a better application, and given the website a bit of a new look! There may still be a few issues that I have not completely resolved. and if you find any, please let me know. Thanks.

The Picture Gallery is now using different software, and I am looking for some help in fully identifying the photos of the Settlers ( I have two of Ann Shaw - are they the same person?). Any corrections and new photos gratefully received.

The Settler Genealogies contain just my master tree at the moment, and I do know that I have some links wrong in various places. I am trying to sort them out as I go, and will be asking for help ;-) . Currently my Master tree accounts for just over 1600 of the original 3800+ Settlers that arrived in 1820 - just shows how they all inter-married over a few generations! I will be adding the other submitted gedcoms back into the set of genealogies in the next couple of weeks. I am also tagging latitude and longitude to some of the place names, as I now have a link to Google Maps, to show the exact locations. see Miles Bowker info, for an example. So, if you can give me latitude and longitude of places - it'll help!

I hope you enjoy the new http://www.1820settlers.com

regards

--
Paul Tanner-Tremaine