SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Tessa King" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] Fw: Fanny Heath Court,baptised 17 Jan 1860 Port Elizabeth
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 07:02:46 +0200

Hi Sunelia

In one of Ellen's transcripts is a marriage between Philip Wathen COURT and
Fanny Alice PENRICE? on the 17 Sept 1860. The Philip who died in 1903 aged
75 could be this man and this would put his birth year at about 1828.

I suspect he had a brother named William COURT who married a Susannah
TREMBLE, but this is supposition and will need to be proven.

Also have a Vaisey Penrice COURT who must be a descendant of Fanny Alice and
Philip Wathen who was born 15 Sept 1912 and married Victorine Mavis PRINGLE.
They had a son named Philip Walthen COURT as well as four other children.

Not sure that this helps much.

Take care
Tessa