SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: Tara Norton <>
Subject: [ZA-EC] BENECKE BAPTISMS: (UITENHAGE?) CAPE PROVINCE
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:40:07 +0000

Dear all

It would appear from my ggg grandmother's (Hester Susannah b BENECKE) deceased estate file in the Pietermaritzburg archives that she was born circa 1849 in the Cape Province.

Marielle Ford kindly gave me the following information, source being: Genealogieƫ van die Afrikaner Families in Natal - B. CILLIERS
I am yet to verify that this is indeed my ggg grandmother.

Hester was born 19 November 1849 and baptised in Uitenhage on 13 January 1850. Her siblings were:

B1 Johanna Maria born 17 March 1841 and baptised 16 January 1842 in

Uitenhage. She married James BENNETT

B2 Gerhardus Ignatius born 15 March 1845 and baptised 17 August 1845 in

Uitenhage. He married Cornelia Magdalena DU PREEZ.

B3 Jan Diederick born 16 May 1843, baptised 13 August 1843 in Uitenhage

and married Engela Margaretha Cornelia DE LANGE

B4 Abraham Andries born in live in February 1847 and baptised 6 January

1848 in Uitenhage.

(Hester is the fifth child of nine)

B6 Paul Jacobus born 25 August 1851 and baptised 23 January 1853 in

Uitenhage.

B7 Margaretha born 9 October 1853 and baptised 16 October 1853 in

Uitenhage.

B8 Frederica Susanna Katrina married Nicolaas Johannes JORDAAN

B9 Lukas Wilhelm von 6 December 1867 And Baptised 20 May 1868 in

Greytown.

Does anyone know how might I go about getting a copy of Hester's baptism certificate?

She married Thomas Henry / Harry MARTIN (prior to 1870) & had her five children in the Greytown-Umvoti district.
Does anyone know how I might go about getting a copy of her marriage certificate to Mr. MARTIN?

Kind regards,
Tara

This thread: