SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Hazel Dakers" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC] BENECKE BAPTISMS: (UITENHAGE?) CAPE PROVINCE
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 15:07:15 +0100

Hi Tara

There's a very good museum at Uitenhage with helpful curator. I suggest you
try emailing - I think it's actually the
Drostdy (there are several) - so I would put in subject line Attn: Curator
Drostdy Museum.They seemed to have an informal archive/library relating to
the town when I visited three or four years ago.

I see your name is Norton. If you are descended from John & Sarah Norton you
may be interested in the Norden/Norton tree on my website.

Regards
Hazel

Hazel Dakers, London UK researching:

BIRNBAUM (Zgierz & Lodz, Poland), GOLD (Zgierz & Lodz, Poland), HEIMANN
(Luegde, Germany & South Africa), NORDEN (London and South Africa)
www.hazeldakers.co.uk