SOUTH-AFRICA-EASTERN-CAPE-L Archives

From: "Tessa King" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-EC]Henry Garnett Webster (1859 – 1934)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 07:24:18 +0200

Hi Alastair

The parents of Henry were William Henry Webster born 12 June 1825 Somerset
East d. Unknown but I think it was after 1892. In 1859 he applied to
purchase land in Kat River and Blinkwater but in 1863 he was insolvent and
then suing many people. As he was a shop keeper I assume he was insolvent
because others weren't paying their debts or he had bitten off more than he
could chew. In the 1880's there are several Mortgage Bonds for him with the
last one in 1892. I could not find an estate file or death notice for him.
His wife was Elizabeth unknown. This was gleaned from the baptisms of their
children. There is a petition from Henry Garnett regarding the estates of
his parents in 1892 so presumably they died around this time.

Take care
Tessa