Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2002-11 > 1038127126

From: "dpratt" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] HEWITT:
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:19:26 +0100

Well...
We had a workshop organised by our Fund Raising Committee and co-ordinated
by the Rev Mrs Margaret Heyns. Now, the people in my parish have always
called their rector or any priest "Father" and they were in a real tizz
about what to call her. Their forebears would turn in their graves if they
called her Margaret so they ended up calling her "reverend". what do they
do in UK and USA - I suppose they are a little less formal and egalitarian
so "christian" names are acceptable.
Regards
"Father" Derek [grin]