Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-01 > 1042232022

From: "Tessa King" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] Muir Family
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:53:42 +0200

Hello everyone

Anyone know anything about Louis Botha MUIR born 16 Oct 1914 and married to Margaret Isobel MILDENHALL born 6 June 1918? Trying to ascertain the names of the parents and whether he belongs to the Muir family of John Winter MUIR. They had the following children:

Edwin Alfred m Cornelia Meiring
Margaret m Mario Cattich
Derryck Norman m Chrissie Jooste
Michael Paul m Nola du Toit
Bruce Louis * 28 May 1940
Joyce * 6 Apr 1943 m Dan Esterhuizen

Again, these names are in a gedcom that was sent to me a long time ago and I am just trying to put things together as accurately as possible since the MUIR family and the KING families are related.

Harry William MUIR had a son named Frederick. Does anyone know whether this son is perhaps Frederick William MUIR married to Laura BOWES with daughters Dorothy and Marjorie?

Richard MUIR had a son named Douglas Edmund Muir. Did he marry Kathleen Alice Frost and have a daughter named Peggy Muir m to Jim Koruman??

A Matthew Muir married Myrtle Mary Bowker * 28 May 1885 at Woodville. Who are their parents??

Then there is Sheila June Muir born abt 1840 and married to Norman Emslie Jakins. Whose daughter is she??

Thanks
Tessa King

This thread: