Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-03 > 1048454608

From: "Becky Horne" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] Methodist Parish Records: Cradock Christenings: 1842-1868
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 23:23:28 +0200

Hi Millicent

Thanks for your contribution. Do you perhaps have anything else pertaining
to Worthington HILL or is this just an isolated bit of research? Also, am I
correct to assume that this HILL settled in South Africa?
I have given all my HILL research to Verona who is researching John HILL and
trying to substantiate if there was a link between Charles and Cumberland,
i.e. cousins. Cumberland is John's father.
Cumberland comes from Scotland and Charles from England. However, before
John sets sail for SA with MOODIE, he stayed in England.
I'm trying to find out more about James (the son of Charles, 1820 British
Settler that arrived on the Sir George Osborne). Finding it very difficult
as there seems to be more than one James HILL in the archives. Will just
have to persevere.
Once again, thanks for your input.

Best wishes
Becky
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Researching: HENWICK; HILL; HORN(E); MEREDITH; DEYZEL; LARSEN; WILLSON;
LYNAR; HENNING; STERLEY; THECK; BEST; BRAUN, GREENER; GLANVILLE; VAN ZYL