Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-05 > 1051954012

From: "Guy & Karen Bullen" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] TUCKER
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 21:26:52 +1200

Tessa

> David Cawood. I have his birth date (from David Barlow's website) as 9
April 1775 not 7 April 1775.

Apologies I also have 9 April for David now. I did have 7th (with no source
noted) but changed it to 9th this week from Tantrem site.

Is Waaiplaats in the Cradock district? I have Joseph
> Henry Tucker being born in Cradock, but have no idea where my source
obtained the info.

Waaiplaats is the name of the family farm in the Tarkastad district of the
Eastern Cape. I have noted before that Tarkastad seems to be referred to as
Cradock, but looking at a map they don't seem that close to eachother??

Can anyone help to confirm whether Tarkastad is part of the Greater Cradock
district?

Karen

This thread: