Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1059787010

From: Elva Hanly <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] CEMETERY RECORDS
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 11:16:50 +1000

Hi Becky,

Thanks for your offer of help. I am looking for info on William Alfred
STEEDE (no DN avail), whom I discovered from his wife's MOOC, lived in
Oudtshoorn. I am working on the assumption that he may have re-married
and perhaps left sons.
I've also seen a document for his application for Postmaster at Prince
Albert. I also believe that the STEEDEs were Catholic.
Now I spent some time searching through the Rootsweb Archives and found
a msg(22 Oct 1998) from Wally Lotz re Oudtshoorn, saying that he
'recently updated cemetery details of the Catholic cemetery in George.'
I have emailed him, but the msg returned and I assume the email address
could have changed.
Hope you may be able to help in some way.

Thanks,
Elva

RESEARCHING; STEED/E, CLAYTON

This thread: