Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1059803989

From: "Marielle Ford" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] BRADFIELD, MARY
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 07:59:49 +0200

Dear List

So now I have this:

Joseph Adkin BRADFIELD (1801 - 13 Oct 1875) born Nottingham UK, died Clumber, Cape, s.o. John BRADFIELD and Mary DENNIS. Married Elizabeth HUNT 1831 Bathurst, Cape.

Children: 1. John 1831 - 1913 m Elizabeth TARR 1831-1895 Children James Rio and John Fletcher BRADFIELD - any others?
2. Mary 1837 - 1922 m. John Charles PURDON 1831-1913 Child Harry Clifford Cameron PURDON.
3. Thomas b 1839 m. Lydia Grace TARR 1846-1929 Children: Mary Elizabeth, Edwin, Horace Clement, Lydia Eveline, Percival Thomas Rose and Julia.
4. Edmund b 1848 m. Sarah Jane TARR Children: Amy Sophia, Francis Albane, Mary Olivia, John Owen, Minnie Bertha, Alice Rose, Bessie Hunt, Algene Ward, Lydia Grace, Sylvia Bradfield ?, Sarah Arbel and Florence Lenore.
5. Jonathan 1850-1942 m. Julia Hannah TARR b 1852

Can anyone confirm these details for me please, pref. with references.

These Bradfield's certainly did their bit to populate the Eastern Cape!