Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1059830325

From: "Becky Horne" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] KAROO FARMS
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 15:18:45 +0200

Hello Peter

Karoo Morning by Guy BUTLER
Subject line: Look for GOULD family in SA
Posted by Sharon Marshall
Wednesday, July 23, 2003 12:55 AM

Please search the List's Archives to find the full transcribe.
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH/

Not sure where you are located in South Africa, but pop into your library
and ask the Librarian to give you list of Guy BUTLER's books. He has written
many on the Settlers and their way of life.
I'm sure Guy is/was ? a Professor at UCT, but contact Graham DICKASON (also
an author of Settler books). He might be able to assist you more.

I hope this answers your query.
If this is not what you are looking for, please don't hesitate to come back
again and we'll see what else we can provide.

Kind Regards
Becky

on behalf of Heather Macalister - List Owner
SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH Mailing List

Heather's South African Genealogy Help List www.genealogy.co.za
Join the Cape Town Family History Society

1805, 1829 & 1849 Cape Almanac now on CD also available soon Women of SA
(1913) completely indexed with married and maiden names and 1259
portraits.
Coming soon is the 1900 Cape Almanac with over 500 pages of residents
and occupations of people in Cape Town from Sea Point to Simonstown -
www.genealogy.co.za/scribes_ink.html

To Join the South African-British Immigrants Mailing List please send an
email to

and type the
word "subscribe" in the Subject line