Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1059846205

From: "sharon marshall" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] Settlers names
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 19:43:25 +0200

Hi Pat - and others,
Thanks so much for these; as always more questions as answers are found...

RE: "TROLLIP Dolly and Stephen Fort Beaufort. Friends and sometime partners
> (Alex and Stephen). Witnessed marriage of Lydia Brown and Alexander
> McGillewie Fort Beaufort 10 Nov. 1847"
I'm not quite sure what the Alex and Stephen in brackets means - was Alex
Dolly's real name? I am not sure who this Stephen is, but it looks to me
like it could be Stephen John, s.o. Amos Trollip and Mary Jane Love? Does
anyone know?

RE: " TROLLOPE Harold fruit grower at Hartebeesthoek, Wonderboom station.
Son
> Harold married Irene LEARY of Zeerust. this young Harold went to Rhodesia.
> Both are mentioned as close friends of Agnes Vickers (nee McGillewie) in a
> letter dated 6 April 1911."

As far as I know, the spelling of Trollop(e) was changed to Trollip by the
branch of Trollips who came out to SA.
I have Irene Glen LEARY marrying Stephen Harold TROLLIP; son of Samuel
Wesley TROLLIP and Jessie Jane MURCOTT. Can anyone verify?

At the risk of stirring the pot, don't you just love the "friends and
sometimes partners" - now that I can relate to...bt how does one tell PAF?
<g>
Sharon