Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1059973259

From: "Tessa King" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] BRADFIELD, Edward Mortimer Turvey
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 07:00:59 +0200

Hi Marielle

He is the son of Daniel BRADFIELD and Sophia Mortimer TURVEY and was born 23
Feb 1858. Died 28 Oct 1954. Daniel BRADFIELD born 26 Sept 1833 at Clumber,
died July 1924 buried at Grootfontein, Dewetsdorp, OFS on 14 July 1924.
Sophia Mortimer TURVEY born 17 May 1838 at Grahamstown. Died 24 Aug 1865.
Married on 30 Jan 1857. Second wife of Daniel was his sister-in-law, Julia
Victoria TURVEY. They were married abt 1868 at Bloemfontein because the law
did not permit marriages to the sister of the deceased.

Kind regards
Tessa