Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1059978236

From: "Wendy King" <>
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] KING/other names
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 06:24:06 +0000

Hi

I joined this list because Becky suggested that someone might be able to do
look up on my grandfather. This is the most interesting list I have come
across but feel I am here under slight false pretences - my grandfather
(George Benjamin King born 1886 Harmondsworth, Middx) fought in the Boer War
but did not, as far as I know stay in South Africa afterwards.

By 1921 he was back in England and marrying my grandmother - Esther Hobson.

We are trying to find out what happened in the years between 1896 and 1921 -
we know he was in south Africa at the turn of the century and that he was
married and widowed in this period.

If anyone has any information I would love to have it please.

My tree includes the following names - if anyone thinks they may link and
would like information please get in touch

Brookes - Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire
Starkey - Warwickshire, Staffordshire and Derbyshire
Shearman - Lincolnshire, Yorkshire and Lancashire
Taylor - Rothwell area Yorkshire and Middlesborough(this is a huge clan with
many side branches)

regards

Wendy

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger