Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1059982797

From: "Marielle Ford" <>
Subject: [ZA-IB] FORD
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:39:57 +0200

Dear all

Found these at the Cape Archives and, although I can't find a link to my FORD lot (yet), they might be useful to someone else:

1. Depot: KAB
Source: MOOC
Type: LEER
Volume No: 6/9/8205
System: 01
Reference: 76135
Part 1
Starting 1941
Ending 1941

Details as follows:

Name of deceased: John Henry FORD
Birthplace: Yorkshire, UK
Father: John Henry FORD
Mother: No details
Age of deceased: 60 years and 10 mths
Occupation: Farmer
Place of residence: Aliwal North
Surv. Spouse: Florence May nee Cranham or Granham
Day of decease: 13 October 1941
Place of death: "Fairview", Middelburg, Cape
Names of children: Marjorie Clarice FORD, Arnold Thomas FORD, Joan Helen FORD
2. Depot: KAB
Source: MOOC
Type: LEER
Volume No: 6/9/8601
System: 01
Reference: 77493
Part 1
Starting 1942
Ending 1942

Details as follows:

Name of deceased: James Edward FORD
Birthplace: no details
Father: Ernest FORD
Mother: Kathleen FORD b. ADAMS
Age of deceased: 32 years and 4 mths
Occupation: Barman before enlistment
Place of residence: 80 Chamberlain Street, Woodstock, Cape
Surv. Spouse: Edelweiss Kathleen FORD b. PRINGLE
Day of decease: 13 August 1941
Place of death: 80 Chamberlain Street, Woodstock, Cape
Names of children: Mona Leonora FORD b 1 Feb 1934, Marie Elizabeth FORD b 27 Feb 1936
Left furniture.
D/N dated 6 Feb 1942 at CT. Signed by E. FORD (wife)

Regards
Marielle

RESEARCHING: FORD, STRANSHAM, HAYTER, COPELAND, BRADFIELD, TARR, WILSON, MALLEN, LINDORES, MARÉ, PHILLIPS, MIDDLEMAS

This thread: