Archiver > SOUTH-AFRICA-IMMIGRANTS-BRITISH > 2003-08 > 1060042255

From: "Andy Hall" <>
Subject: Re: [ZA-IB] Roll Call HALL
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:10:55 -0400

Hi Margaret (and everybody else)

Firstly, Becky thank you for a great idea. This roll call has been a
brilliant idea.

Margaret, I can give you quite a bit of information.
My Grandfather was Albert Diamond's brother, John Armour, born in Scotland,
prior to immgrating to Cape Town.

This is a synopsis of the family so far.

Robert Hall (1828 -1877) married Janet Scott (1825-) married 1851in Scotland
Children Robert Hall, Janet Scott Hall, Thomas Scott Hall

Robert Hall (1858-1902) Married Janet Cameron Armour (1859-1933) married
1880 in Scotland
Children Jane Dow Armour hall (1881-?) born Scotland lived in SA (JHB I
think)
Janet Scott Hall (1883-1960) born Scotland married Norman
Beck in SA, moved to Wellington New Zealand. Both appeared on the 1919
Electrol roll.
Robert Hall (1885-?) was in an asylum in Glasgow (was
classified as an idiot)
Isabella Susannah Hall (1887-1943) born New Zealand died
Cape Town
John Armour Hall (1892-1954) born Scotland died Johannesburg
(my grandfather)
Thomas Scott Hall (1893-24 Dec 1908) Born cape Town, died
CapeTown
Albert and Victor (1898 -?) Albert had 3 or 4 wives.
My sister remembers Albert, She says I met him but I do
not remember,

there is lots more info that i can sghare but most of it is on my web. Also
I have lots of bitrh notices and death notices with some marriage
certificate

Regards
Andy

Researching the following families: Hall Marsh Duthie Gregori and Armour
www.canuck-halls.com